Wednesday 27 February 2013

The Elephant House


I have a separate blog for my travels, but today's wee jaunt was very much of a literary nature.

Two of my very dearest friends are getting married - to each other. We went along to the registry office in Edinburgh today to find out how you go about doing this.

Afterwards, we headed for celebratory nosh at one of Martine's favourite cafés: The Elephant House.

Generally, I'm resident in Gloucester. Gloucester Cathedral is also better known as Hogwarts (see video evidence).

However, The Elephant House in Edinburgh is where J. K. Rowling actually wrote Harry Potter.

It's quite entertaining going to the bathroom as there's graffiti from all over the world. It attracts a lot of visitors. One of my favourites simply reads: "Harry Potter was conceived here."

Excellent place to visit if you're a fan of the books, or even if you just want a decent coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment