Monday 30 December 2013

Novel Idea: 95k


Actually, 95.7 but who's counting?

In a weird quirk of mathematics, it only took me a couple of hours to bash out 3k yesterday, and it's taken me the whole day to get to 2.5k today.

Funny that.

Perhaps because I really don't want it to end?

Seven months is a long time to spend with a bunch of characters. They are my friends. Which is good, as all of my others got bored and wandered off.

What if I can't get the ending right? I've never written anything this long before, and the longer it gets the more afraid I am of falling down and landing on my arse. I've already written one section that needs completely re-writing because I made it impossible about six chapters back. A lot needs to happen in a short space of words. Will it come together?

The beginning of the book feels so far away, I sometimes wonder if I'm even writing the same story. 

All this angst, it's like reliving my teenage years.

No wonder I'm dragging my feet.

S'pose I'd better get on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment