Wednesday 1 January 2014

Novel Idea: 100k


Sitting here with a big grin on my face.

So, I didn't manage to finish my novel as I'd promised to, but my last act of 2013 before hitting the booze was to break the 100,000 word mark.

That makes this manuscript the single largest piece of pre-edited fiction I have ever written, by 8,000 words.

That's a pretty big deal.

It's coming to its conclusion now, and will probably finish somewhere between the 110-120k mark over the coming week. Then the fun bit begins: the edit.

I am very proud of both the count and the content.

I'm also kind of happy that I'm beginning the year by finishing the novel. It means I have at least one outstanding achievement under my belt before I've even managed to work off the Christmas pudding. That's actually nicer than starting the year with a completely blank page, which is terrifying, and liable to block up my brain for a couple of months until I think up something else to write.

So, here's to 2014. To wonderful friends and wonderful stories yet to be told!

No comments:

Post a Comment