Saturday 19 July 2014

Novel Idea: First Edit


Well, here it is boys and girls. The countdown to release starts here. 


That there little attachment at the bottom is going to keep me busy for the next few weeks. It's the first edit from my publisher. I know I wrote a section on edits for Novel Idea before, but that's what everyone does at the end of a novel. You put it aside for a while, you come back, you read through and make your changes, usually with the help of a couple of trusted friends.

If you do your own edits well, it should get you through the door of a publisher. Then it's over to them to make it sparkle. 

Good idea to get to grips with the Review Function on Word.

I haven't even looked at it yet. I had a bit to drink the other night. Ended up wandering through town, stopped to smoke a cigarette on a low wall, watching people go by. Lost my writing mojo recently and perhaps a little part of me doesn't want to start this process, because I don't want to finish it. What if this is the last great story I have left to tell?

All out of words at the moment.

Maybe it'll come back, maybe it's time to move on and do other things with my time. Not sure that decision's up to me, the Muse does as she pleases.

Still, it's the best thing I've ever written, and I'm just not quite ready to let it go.

About to move house for the second time in a month. Think I'll feel better once I get this new place with an office, bookshelves - the lot. Hardly had any sleep since May, so I'm looking forward to some peace. A little quiet space to focus on what needs to get done.

Funny I should be contemplating my last novel in the same place I wrote my first.

Anyway, this one's set to fly mid-November, so get that in your diaries. 

Know that I will be working hard alongside Ghostwoods to make it a chiller.

Sleep softly.

No comments:

Post a Comment