Saturday 16 August 2014

Happy 80th DWJ



Nice to see the Google Doodle celebrating the late Diana Wynne Jones' 80th birthday.

As readers of this blog will know, I'm a huge fan of Howl's Moving Castle, and the Ghibli adaptation. I was very sad to hear of her passing in 2011, so it's lovely to see her honoured in this way. 

In a slightly spooky turn of events, I found myself back in Nakumatt the other day, searching for a present for a friend's graduation next week. My earlier picture perhaps didn't give a true sense of the sheer choice of books that are now available in Kigali. So, let me try again.




And, what should I happen to spy on the top shelf? Only a hardcover edition of The Pinhoe Egg by Diana Wynne Jones! Could I resist? Of course not. It came home with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment