Tuesday 19 April 2016

Rwandan Writing Retreats


Towards the end of last year, I started planning to offer writing retreats in Rwanda. My good friend Christiane was completing work on Macheo Ecolodge (Facebook), on the shores of Lake Kivu. After all my experience guiding young human rights advocates around the country, I thought I'd turn my hand to something creative.

Heartbreakingly, Christiane died suddenly in September. I took a huge step back from the whole idea. 

Time has passed, and life has settled. I've spent a lot of time talking to local writers and publishers, and I feel I'd like to continue with this venture. So, I've updated the website:



Please check it out, let people know, and do get in contact with any questions. It really is such a beautiful country to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment