Monday 3 October 2016

Kigali Kitten



About a month or so ago, I found a feral kitten hiding in my garden. I started feeding the terrified sausage and it gradually became less scared. It's a she, and she has what I suspect to be a brother, but he's much more of a scardy cat and runs away at the sight of me. She never finishes all the food I give her, so he eats when I go.

My visa is up for renewal soon, so I've been very reluctant to take on cats. I had to leave two behind last time I left the country, and I really don't want to go through that again. Still, cats call the shots. She's been gradually getting closer and closer. We've played patacake with our paws over the past week, and last night she decided that she wanted a cuddle.

This is the first time she's ever let me stroke her, so it was kind of a big deal. This morning, she's back to running away and pretending I'm a big scary monster, but it is definitely progress.

If I get my visa renewed, I'll name her. At the moment they are Cat One and Cat Two. Name suggestions welcome below.

No comments:

Post a Comment