Monday 28 November 2016

Sophie & Howl


Made it to the end of my proofing contract. Possibly more to come in the New Year. Have to wait and see. My eyes need a rest.

Managed to rehome two of the kitties. Even though I knew it was coming, I must admit there were a few tears shed as I helped put them in the box. But they've started their new lives with a lovely friend. She grew up with cats, but lost all of hers during the genocide. She now has children of her own and they were all super excited to have kittens. They took the biggest boy and the biggest girl, now named Titi and Fifi, respectively. Apparently the kids spoil them rotten.

That leaves me with the smallest girl and the tiniest boy (the runt of the litter).

My plan was to rehome them all, and I had hoped to do so on the same day, but the second viewer decided he could only take one, so I declined.

With each day that passes, I find myself wondering whether I might keep them. Life is much calmer with half the number of cats. There's certainly a lot less poo, and they are absolutely adorable.

I've temporarily named them Sophie Cat and Howl Cat, after Howl's Moving Castle

I know, I'm doomed.

The house and garden are currently sparkling. I have a friend from Kenya visiting. My mate Tracey, who runs Overland Travel Adventures (OTA), is bringing a tour over with her husband. They're crashing with me for a few days, whilst their group stays at a nearby hotel and explores Rwanda. It's been a really long time since I last had guests in the house, so I'm looking forward to it. Evicted the cats from the spare room and Dettoled everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment